Recent Bike Activity

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to Veggies

Leading off with today's harvest:


Quite a few more zucchini ripening on the vine, I'm keeping my eyes out for unlocked porches.


Started some onions one week ago.  No sign of germination, but I'm not yet concerned.  Meanwhile, the broccoli I planted a few weeks ago is being EATEN!  Replanting today.


Speaking of onions...this is the type of thing that just fascinates me.  Planted onions in the spring that did pretty well.  However, when the onions were just at about golf-ball size, we had crazy high winds that flattened and then killed the onion greens.  After that process, because of my lack of discipline, I lost track of where the all of the onions were planted.  Now, the onions are re-emerging (probably four months later) with new greens and restored growth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment